Jan 26, 2018

TULUM PHOTO DIARY

What's better than a quick getaway to Tulum? Read on for more on what I did and what I wore.


Two piece set: WantMyLook (they are going through a lawsuit right now so while I love this outfit, I suggest you do research before you buy from them as many customers have said they've yet to receive things they ordered long ago)



I'm sure you've all seen or heard about Tulum. I can say it's definitely worthy of it's hype. Although I didn't bring my camera with me because I wanted to relax, I do have poor quality cell photos of about 60% of the trip lol. I mean, who wants to take photos while they're relaxing yo? 

The beach is mandatory. It's one of my favorite places to be: I'm a true SoCal gal at heart. That said, not all beaches are created equal. The water here is warm and crystal clear.



Top and Skirt: Missguided similar here / Heels: Public Desire / Bag: Louis Vuitton



There are a lot of activities to do in the Tulum/Playa Del Carmen area. We decided to go shopping (the shopping here is very good. there are a lot of familiar stores and mid to high end stores) and do adventurous activities like snorkeling in a cenote (underground pools of fresh water), zip lining in the jungle, and kayaking. 



 We stayed at a resort in Playa Del Carmen called Paradisus La Perla by Melia with Royal Service (fast check in, special rooms, beach cabanas, beach activities and a butler). It's the adults only side. The rooms are nice with a big tub, huge two person rainfall shower, and a jetted tub on the balcony. Our butler was amazing! He left us treats daily and helped us out with everything. I definitely recommend this resort. I feel like it's truly 5 star despite being all inclusive unlike some resorts who skimp on the food. From the food (so good. And there are lots of restaurants on the resort), to the Yhi spa and its treatments, to the service, everything was great. I would definitely stay again except I'd try the Family Concierge service which is comparable but for couples with children. My boys would love it here. They have kids activities and child care which is lit. There is a very good gym and lots of classes, so you can stay consistent or just have fun with things like zumba by the pool. 


 Two piece set: Pretty Little Thing top bottom


Tulum is where you can enjoy the beautiful beaches and see Mayan ruins (y'all know I love history). Mexico is one of my favorite places to go besides home to NYC or LA, and I can say I love this area way more than, say, Cabo. Cabo is great for couples, but Tulum is good for couples or for a girl's trip in my opinion. I went to Riviera Nayarit about 10 month before this trip, and while it is nice there, I still rate Tulum higher.


 My suggestions for Tulum and the Playa Del Carmen area:

- Definitely check out Tulum. There is a museum and the waters are gorgeous. You can even do a day trip if you're staying in another area. 
- Go diving in the cenotes
- Go snorkeling if you're not comfortable with scuba
- Check out the shopping area. It's pretty expansive and there is a lot to eat, see and do.
- Research the resort you stay at. I met other couples who complained of rocky beaches at the resorts they were at
- Go see the Xcaret park
- Make sure you try out zip lining 
- Visit Cancun if it's not around Spring Break... unless you're in to that.
-Visit the ruins
- Arrange airport transfers and set up any tours or day trips before your trip. And do NOT agree to any timeshare presentations for "free" excursions or rides while you're at the airport. It's easiest to avoid the pitches when you already have transportation set up. You might get something in exchange for your time, but you will have wasted a day. You can go to Mexico pretty inexpensively because, like Thailand, your money goes far here. You can always use a site like Expedia to find deals on things you'd like to do.

xx Slim
SHARE:

5 comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig