Oct 16, 2012

You Da One















H&M jacket, American Apparel tank dress,  Anna Dello Russo for H&M leather crotch high boots, Brandy Melville knuckle ring, Top Shop loops, vintage watch

(Photos by Trevor)

Baby we meant to be you got me smiling all the time - Rihanna


I have spent the last few years on the hunt for the perfect pair of non-stripperish crotch high boots. Stella McCartney and Christian Louboutin made super dope versions, but I couldn't bring myself to spend $3000 on a boot. I'm all for splurging on a shoe or handbag, but I am a freelancer, so I know a reckless purchase could result in weeks of eating 4 for $1 ramen and popcorn and my cable turned off lol. 

Fast forward to about two weeks ago. Just when I thought my legs would spend yet another Winter sad and bootless, H&M debuted their collection by Anna Dello Russo (VOGUE Nippon editor known for her outrageous personal style). While the collection as a whole was just eh..., these boots were YASSSSS! Crotch high, genuine leather, gold adornments, 5 inch heel, and affordable!?! *does Dougie* I probably don't have to explain how excited I am.

After I rushed to H&M to grab these boots, it got conveniently cold in NYC, so I got to wear them a few days later (yay!). I didn't want to start out in full on stunt mode, so I put on my H&M jacket (as a dress) and sashayed through the city. Trust: I fully intend to break out my mink and act a fool as the temperature drops. You guys will probably get sick of how often I wear these, but I'm in love. *starts singing "You Da One" to the boots*

P.S. If you haven't already done so, make sure you enter the Literally, All Things Slim giveaway. Loving all of the entries so far. 

xx Slim
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Love the jacket!! XX

    www.bolumelanie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great boots!
    Come check out my kawaii giveaway!
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(”)(”)
    http://www.bunnymysweet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the entire look. Fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Them boots are killing me!

    xoxo
    http://www.fasheauty.com
    UK High Street Fashion & Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fierce... Loving the boots. They are killing it!!!
    Xoxoxo
    Misstatybliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous look!
    You have a wonderful blog! Do you want to follow each other? Follow my blog on Bloglovin'. Let me know in my comments and I will follow back ;)

    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely hun!

    Btw, would love to see you smile lol your gorgeous love , embrace it!

    Ciao!

    www.sanazalamode.blogspot.com

    www.sanazz.bigcartel.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. H&M jacket, American Apparel tank dress, Anna Dello Russo for H&M leather crotch high boots, Brandy Melville knuckle ring, Top Shop loops, ... drakejackets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig