Sep 15, 2013

I Miss You

h&m cape coat, h&m paris collection cape coat, h&m paris collection, zara skirt,


cape coat, cape jacket,


fall coats, cape coats, cape jacket,


zara bag, zara purse, zara fall purse,


paris show collection cape coat, h&m cape coat,







(Photos by Alex)

I miss you. Like everyday. Wanna be with you... But you're away - Beyonce


I thought that things like this get better with time, but I guess that remains to be seen...

I mentioned a few months ago that my love's orders had been changed, and he would be deploying. He left a little over a week ago. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a mess. Although it was New York Fashion Week, I barely had it in me to get out of bed. As much as I love fashion and getting dressed, the combination of worry, fear of the unknown, and just plain sadness, completely overpowered any desire I had to attend shows, events, or be around people.

Although I haven't spoken to him much, I knew he'd be upset if I wasn't blogging. He has been my biggest cheerleader throughout this entire blogging thing, so I pulled myself together to attend a few things (3 total smh) and this lovely look is what I wore to one of them.

I wasn't able to score the embroidered skirt I wanted from the H&M Paris Show Collection, but I did get this beautiful cape. For the last few Winters, the cape has been preferred jacket of choice. Luckily, I now have a new one. I've been rocking my old one since 2009. To finish my look, I added a few Zara faves, and of course, my love's shirt (still smells like him).

For those of you who didn't know, I am officially Mrs. Trevor Greene :). If any of you are army wives or have experienced the deployment of a loved one, I'd love to hear about your experiences. Promise I'll be more cherry once I adjust.

xx Slim
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. awwww Super Congs,May God Bless your Union!!

    your silent but biggest FAN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not an army wife but I can only imagine the hole in my stomach to be away from my husband with the uncertainty and worried that you are going through. Stay strong love and may God look over you both!!!! xoxo

    KT
    www.KTRstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will be alright my dear! Pray for his safety everyday and God will do the rest ! xx You are a great blogger and style clothes ever so lovely, don't stop, keep occupied with it and he will be back sooner than imagined ! You look great as usual!


    kouturekittenblog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the combo !!
    http://fashionattitudebyraych.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been through a few and I wish I could tell you it gets easier but it simply doesn't :(. Just try to keep focused on what you're doing and hold strong to your faith that he will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive been through it. Been an army wife for 3 years. I promise it gets easier. It will be hard. And some days youre gonna feel like you just want to stay in bed and waste away. but then one day he'll be able to call you for a little and you'll feel better for a little bit. And they just shortened deployments to 9 months. so at the very least he doesn't have to be there for a year like my husband was. It will be so so hard. But it will get better. And it will be worth it. So worth it. And let me tell you, absence makes the heart and the body grow fonder ;) ;) lol. You'll be okay. I promise. If ever you need someone to talk to about it who understands, my email is serenetydawn@Gmail.com . Any day at any time. ♡♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was debating about purchasing this cape but after seeing it on you, I must have it.
    Love the inspirational story at the end.
    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Süpersin....Çok beğendim.Aynı pançodan ben de diktiricem....

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig