Aug 26, 2015

DUBAI PHOTO DIARY


Read on for more snaps of my outfits and my trip to Dubai, U.A.E.


Dubai fountains are the largest choreographed fountains in the world. They are of course in front of the Burj Khalifa (tallest building in the world) and located at Dubai Mall, which, of course, is one of the largest malls in the world.

Riding camels was an experience for sure. Not as glam as it seems lol. We went on the highly recommended desert safari. The food was great and I got henna. There were bellydancers and shisha (I didn't try it though). It was fun, but I wouldn't do it again. Re: atvs + sand dunes = motion sickness.

#USIE

This was actually super fun. 



Outfit 2: Fly Jane Cape | Nasty Gal Pants | Zara Bustier Top | Aldo Bag | Louboutin "So Kate" Heel

Outfit 3: Fly Jane Sweet Escapes Dress | Just Fab Heels 




Packing for Dubai was super difficult for me. Everything I ordered either got lost in the mail, held at customs, or didn't arrive in time. I ended up having to overnight a few things to myself in Houston (where we visited before and after our trip). Very disappointing, but I ended up loving what I was able to bring. My goal was to be fly but respectful. And to have bags I don't care about (since they'd be with me all day in situations where they could get dirty). I went with layers so I could cover up if needed (public places) and quickly remove when I was hot lol.

I was going to stay at the Sofitel Jumeirah Beach, but changed my mind at the last minute. Im kind of glad I did. We were in Dubai for 4 days on a stop over before Phuket, Thailand, so I thought it best to stay in the city as opposed to beach resorts in both places. We ended up staying at the Moevenpick Bur Dubai instead since it's close to the main thing I wanted to visit: Dubai Mall lol. Most of the things we ended up doing were in the city, so it worked out great. It's a 5 star hotel, but the accommodations and customer service exceeded my expectations. And, the food was great. I definitely recommend doing at least a half board when traveling (especially if the hotel has great food) and eating out for dinner. 


Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take many pictures, but memories last just as long. Here are some things we did that I recommend:


Go to a private beach:

You'll have a cabana, towels and changing area. Though Dubai is very modern, it is a Muslim country. To be respectful, it is best to be modest in public areas as to not offend anyone. If you want to wear your bikini uncovered and have amenities without being disrespectful, private is the way to go. There are pubic beaches as well. I didn't go, but I hear men must wear a t shirt and women a t shirt and shorts. 

Do Friday brunch:

Like Sunday brunch in the states, it's the thing to do. We ended up going at the Hilton on the marina (since it's by the beach and we were going afterward). The food was delicious. 

Top of the Burj Khalifa:

It's the tallest building in the world. What else is there to say? Make sure you take photos. We didn't :(

Visit a water park:

Dubai can get very hot. It's worth it. And you get to see the beach resort hotels!

Visit the gold souk:

Souks give you a bit of the traditional Dubai feel. It's a nice contrast to the glamorous malls.

Noted: city tour (takes up an entire day), Dubai museum, water taxi, marina walk, desert safari (takes up an entire day). 


Have you visited the U.A.E.? I cannot wait to go back! Tell me about your experience below. 

xx Slim
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Dream vacation! Can't wait to go one day and I love your outfit choices

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig