Jul 23, 2012

The Ride










 Pearls of Enchantment dress via Sugarlips , Zara blazer, Aldo belt, Lady Clou peep toe pump, vintage watch


(Photos by Trevor)

It's feeling like you own every place you choose to be at now. -Drake


Every weekend I find myself in downtown Brooklyn at this same park, eating ice cream, and enjoying the view. I could blame it on him being too lazy to think of a new place to take me, but... I must admit that I love that ice cream, and this place is very romantic. There are a million newlyweds and spouses-to-be taking photos, picnics, and, my fave, the carousel. It's the perfect place for an after lunch date.


In light of the day's theme, I wanted to look airy and romantic. Enter the huge curls, and this floaty dress I got from Sugarlips, and I was all set for a fairy-tale. Me being me, I couldn't just swathe myself in layers of chiffon without adding some edge. I threw a black studded belt on to define my waist, and my spiked pumps with bows. 


It was a bit cool out, so I topped my look off with a blazer. I love how this outfit turned out. This dress is so pretty, but the accessories gave it just enough "oomph" for me to look more Slim than Belle in a park full of brides. With my "gown" and "Prince" in tow, all that was left to complete the fairty-tale was the ride. Take care.


xx Slim 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. gorgeous outfit beautiful shoes love the entire look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i love this outfit..and your hair is so cool..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are to die for, lovely dress and cute blazer too!!

    http://allofthatgoodstuff.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my favourite dress from Sugarlips! I'm craving for it.
    And I love how you gave it an edgy twist with those pumps and belt. Way to go! :D
    I'm following you now. :D If you want, you can find me on: http://the-wandering-heart.blogspot.com
    Have a nice day! Hugs and kisses! :*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another hit!!
    http://worldoffashionandbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you write. You have talent to be a writer. You look great. A walk in the park is so romantic.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig