Sep 13, 2012

Just The Way You Are x MBFW Photo Diary 9/12







Embroidered blouse and skirt from Zara, Jeffrey Campbell "Soiree" lucite and leather heels 

(Photos by Trevor)

 ...There's not a thing that I would change, 'cause you're amazing just the way you are.  -Bruno Mars


I very rarely wear an entire look the way it's meant to be worn. Not to be difficult either, it's just that I usually have something dope that I think will put a little extra Slim on it. Not the case with this cute little ditty. I've been obsessed with it ever since I first seen it, in all of it's rose gold glory, sitting in Zara. It gives me all kinds of Balmain -which I doubt I'll ever be able to afford. The closest I'll get to it is when I'm pulling looks for a big shoot, or when a store does a non-cheap-looking homage. 

The last few weeks, I've been obsessed with these Jeffrey Campbell Shoes. They have replaced all other shoes and must be worn with everything. The heel is lower than I normally go, but the lucite? Yassss!!! I know I overdid it with the exclamation points. I'm sorry. I'm tired.

Anywho, as I told you guys earlier, I've been working a lot, so I tried to fit in a show before work -didn't happen, but I got something even better instead. See the best thing ever and some pictures the "Boo" took for me while I was at work. And don't worry, I will make sure that I don't overbook myself in Feb, so I can bring you guys all the F/W 13 Fashion Week teas. 

 Me and one of my Sheroes: fabulous celebrity stylist June Ambrose looking amazing. Chick is beautiful. This def made up for my missing the ENTIRE week working/chilling.

June inspecting my outfit. she said she loved it. Validation much? lol

 A few looks I liked from the Samantha Black fashion show "Boo" went to while I worked :(


 I'm really loving anything with a peplum



 Tierra Mari and Emily B of Love And Hip Hop 

 Her makeup was fab. No pun.

xx Slim
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. you looked gorgeous, and that's amazing that you met June Ambrose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this outfit, you look like a gorgeous flapper!

    abigail
    www.farandwildjewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing, love your beautiful skirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!!! Can I ask what size skirt and shirt you purchased?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dress. and d models dresses. U got some unique style here ;)

    check some DIY :)


    http://styleonmel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very beautifu;, and your dress - OMG, it is gorgeous! Love your blog, you have great style!
    Olga ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the nude affair on you!!! Nice blog you have here, now following!!

    http://www.vee4vibrant.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were working it mama!

    That is so exciting all that you encountered that day! I love me some June everytime I go to NYC I say to myself, I hope I run into June lol

    Great informative post and you looked great BTW!

    www.sanazalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I was swondering if you would be willing to sell this outfit? My e-mail address it TJWashington7@yahoo.com. If you could get back to me as soon as possible it would be greatly appreciated! if it would be easier to get in contact with me on facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/LifeSizeB4rbie

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi- I was wondering if you'd be willing to sell this outfit. My name is Felicia and I currently work for Jovani Fashions. I would be able to pay you as we'll as give you an opportunity to wear one of our dresses. My email is feliciagaraystanton@gmail.com or you can reach me at felicia@jovani.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. where did you find the pearl skirt and top? its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig