Sep 22, 2012

Shadow Play









Bebe Cap Sleeve Contour Contrast dress, Asos leather peplum skirt waist belt,  Club Monaco Christina bracelet,  Zigi NY sandals, random spike/rhinestone bracelet


(Photos by Trevor)

To the center of the city where all roads meet waiting for you... -The Killers


The days are becoming noticeably shorter (yuck), which has me wanting to soak up as much good weather as possible before doom (aka Fall) comes. Per ritual, I found myself heading towards downtown Brooklyn for date day with the "Boo". He shot me in the shadows near the water in this cute little freak'em "we" (I say we because he was with me when I bought it and he actually liked what I chose for once) picked out at Bebe. 


There aren't many times that I will opt to photograph what I'm wearing when the sun is going down. The lighting is terrible. The  shadows bug me. Usually, it's Michael Jackson bad. Today, however, was an absolute exception to the rule. The contrasting light and dark panels of this dress had me in the mood for some shadow play. 



I finished off the look with a dope peplum skirt belt I got from Asos. It tones down the sex this dress oozes and adds more chic. I've been experimenting with wearing more dainty shoes, so I wore my crystal sandals and added some shine with two bracelets the "Boo" bought me. Although he'd seen the dress before, he was still taken by how dope it looked with styling (win). Date day was awesome and we enjoyed the sunset before we slipped in to the shadows of the night. 

xx Slim
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. HELLO LOVE THE DRESS!!! FOLLOW ME!!! WWW.FASHIONLIFE-PEGGY.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look, love the blog :) following...
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(”)(”)
    http://www.bunnymysweet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your body:-)and this outfit looks great on you
    www.fashionwithaprize.bloggersdelight.dk

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I look back at your previous posts...I remembered why I was following you. Your style is absolutely chic! Everything fits you perfectly. You are always on point from head to toe.

    Corie
    http://www.itsmytaste.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's so kind. I'm glad you're feeling it! xx

      Delete
  5. I'm drooling at this peplum skirt belt. Your lovely look is on point.

    fromheadtoheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing dress the fit is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! you look gorgeous. In love with your shoes!
    xoxo
    lamoderocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. that peplum belt is awesome!

    abigail
    www.farandwildjewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is super gorgy! Love the peplum!

    http://all-dat-jazz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful dress!

    I really like your blog and your style, I´m following you :D
    ... maybe if you have time, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it, follow me back ;)
    Kisses!
    http://modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there!Could you please tell me what size you ordered for your belt?I want to order one from Asos,but I am unsure about the sizing.Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. As I look back at your previous posts...

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig