Nov 1, 2012

Purple Haze









TopShop knitted zip shoulder sweater, cross tights, and body chain, Forever 21 denim cut-offs, Jeffrey Campbell France boots


(Photos by Trevor)

Purple haze all in my brain. Lately, things don't seem the same. - Jimmy Hendrix


The seasons in New York are not even close to the ones in the books I read when I was a child. I came here years ago from "season-less" California expecting a Spring with birds chirping and bunnies hopping only to find 40 degree weather and snow still on the ground in April. Boo. I will always hate the fact that it's cold/rainy 80% of the year here, but even I can appreciate seeing leaves change. Doesn't really happen to the palms in Cali.

It was actually mild outside, so I could get away with a Cali Fall outfit: sweater, shorts, tights, boots. For this version, I was wearing my cozy purple oversized sweater from TopShop with F21 shorts, cross tights, and my JC France boots. Me being me, I put on a body chain (there's one just like it in the Literally, All Things Slim Giveaway gift bag. I will announce the winner on Monday!)to give it a little shape. Super Cali casual cool.

Now that Sandy has ripped through NY and it looks a mess outside, I can appreciate how dope the trees looked just a few days before. I don't often post my boring "I'm just hanging out" outfits, or match my lip to my sweater, but there are exceptions to everything, right? Now excuse me while I kiss the sky.

xx Slim
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Love that sweater! looks so cozy and the color matches your lipstick wonderfully :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great as usual, love that lip color.. who cares that it matches your sweater.. Glad to see you are doing well after the Hurricane.

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Stealing. Especially considering purple is my fav color

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those tights!!!
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(”)(”)
    http://www.bunnymysweet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the purple sweater, it looks so comfortable. Your hair is nice too, it looks good stright.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh those tights are BADA** love them and that burgundy jumper looks perfect on you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. TopShop knitted zip shoulder sweater, cross tights, and body chain, ... apurplesweater.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article. white runtz strain

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig