Nov 29, 2012

Money Trees










Sugarlips Barcelona Wander Dress,  Forever21 belt, N.Y.L.A. Zoolander pump, vintage watch, Brandy Melville ring


(Photos by me)

Money trees is the perfect place for shade and that's just how I feel. -Kendrick Lamar


Yo. I'm maaad late with this post from Thanksgiving. First, my cousin C got me sick, so I was rolling around in my bed for like 5 days dying, then I was just being lazy for a few additional days to make sure I was actually well lol.  Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of turkey day. I HATE poultry, and pretty much every other dish most people eat in celebration. I guess the only thing I do like about it is the concept and an excuse to dress up.

In light of the festivities, I wanted to look pretty and classic, so I wore my new dress from Sugarlips. I was a little afraid that the color would exaggerate my lack of a tan, but I somehow managed to look sun kissed (read: bronzer).  It's conservative enough for church and fam time, but still has some edge because of the mesh and cutouts. I usually add some sort of randomness to my ensembles, here it's my shoes.

I was initially going to wear my SOIREE's or some black pumps, but that felt boring, so I tried on my fave shoes circa a year or so ago. They're these dope N.Y.L.A. shoes that closely resemble a Givenchy pair I seen Cassie wear and knew I had to buy. Sadly, I was broke, so these had to do. And I wore them to the GROUND! Even though they are leopard, I feel leopard is a neutral, and I couldn't take them off. I loved this look. Perfect for enjoying my day under the trees.

xx Slim
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Really pretty, love those shoes & your hair looks fabulous!
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(”)(”)
    http://www.bunnymysweet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better! This dress is pretty! Love the laser cut detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo I love your shoes, and your skin is so great!
    Ify x

    www.duchessfifi.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the entire ensemble. The dress is super cute and you can't go wrong with leopard :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this dress it is absolutely beautiful. I used to follow you on tumblr but I have long out grown that website. It is nice to see you have a actually blog. I will be reading, so keep up the work.

    -Shevon
    www.trashingfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig