Mar 25, 2017

MILITARY BALL

edgy prom look, mermaid gown, affordable military ball gown, light in the box gown

I finally went to my first military ball. Read on for more on this look



Dress: Light In The Box | Shoes: Steve Madden | Choker: Luv AJ

All I've ever heard about military balls is that they're like an adult prom: big, tacky goofy dresses, bad hair, cringeworthy photos and clicky mean girls. Well, my experience was the opposite. Everyone looked super nice and WAS super nice. We had so much fun and it was even more fun having an excuse to wear an over the top gown (with a long train for no reason lol). Since I don't get to go to nice events much (I DO live in a military town in the south now:(), I didn't want to spend too much on my dress. I decided to try a site I'd never used before and get the dress made to my measurements. I am pleasantly surprised by how quickly it came and how great the quality is. 

I wanted to look a little edgy, so I went in my closet and pulled out my spiked choker. I love it because it's delicate and ladylike but will still cut you lol. To finish the look, I added some silver sandals I've had forever. The entire look cost me $140 since I used accessories I already had. The final touch was my hair. I just straightened my hair and added two 24inch clips I made, and boom: LAF (lit as F word). 

I'd totally go to a ball again. Also, I totally love my cringeworthy prom-esque photo lol. Are you feeling my Morticia Addams-esque look? Let me know in the comments!

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. You look stunning. Love that dress.




    elogiosamislocuras.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing !!! Love the picture of you and hubby. Handsome couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look Amazing!! This dress beautiful in you.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig